Jeffrey Shinal, LPC
As a consultant with Ernstmann Consulting, Jeffrey Shinal helps individuals and teams manage transitions and the process of change. He has more than 14 years of experience working with business professionals, employee assistance programs, and active duty military personnel and their families. In addition, Jeff has more than 12 years of experience in the business world where he conducted operational and financial audits for a Fortune 100 company, provided employee relations expertise to business units of a Fortune 500 company, and performed recruitment consulting for large corporations and venture capital backed start-ups. These include the Walt Disney Company, Sony Pictures, Computer Sciences Corporation, KPMG, Baxter Biotech, Ingram Micro, and CMGI Solutions.
Jeff’s primary specialty is coaching, as it relates to managing transition and change in response to new or increasing stressors. He is known for facilitating trusting partnerships with individuals and groups that achieve measurable results, often with change-resistant clients. Working from a strength-based model, Jeff works collaboratively with his clients to understand their experiences, beliefs, personality styles, and behaviors enabling them to achieve specified goals.
Consistency, personal integrity, and a focus on outcomes characterize Jeff’s work with clients. His expertise in assessing personal style strengths and limitations, combined with his ability to help clients overcome barriers to change, enable him to consistently deliver results for his diverse clients.
Key Skills Areas
- Personal change implementation
- Transition management
- Group process facilitation
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Behavioral management
- Assess individual client experience, strengths and challenges to co-formulate appropriate goals for change.
- Design and conduct training for Service Members and DoD employees around Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and the Stages of Change.
- Conduct process groups to build supportive cohesion, ameliorate trauma, and increase resilience.
- Design and implement recruitment strategies for business organizations tasked with workforce growth and specific talent requirements.
- Assess the quality and cultural fit of scarce, skill-specific professionals, to ensure employee and organization success.
- Design customized change plans, co-facilitate change process with active duty military service members suffering from addiction, trauma and behavioral challenges.
Education and Certifications
- MS: The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- BS: University of North Carolina, Charlotte, NC
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Virginia
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) in Maryland
- Certificate in Human Resource Management: California State University, Long Beach, CA
- Certifications and Training: MBTI Qualified; Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Trained Level 1 and 2 (EMDRIA); Clinical Hypnosis Trained, American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH); Accelerated Resolution Therapy Trained (ART), RosenweigInstitute; Gestault Therapy Certified, (Gestault Therapy Center, Washington DC).