As a senior consultant with Ernstmann Consulting, David Bean has extensive experience in the IT and software services industry, with over thirty years in leadership roles. Before starting his coaching business in 2013, David spent fourteen years with L–3 Communications, as Senior Vice President and General Manager serving Federal Government customers, both civilian and military. David served on the Executive Team of his Division as it grew to $1.4B revenue. Additionally, he was a member of the Divisional Ethics Council and a key contributor on the L-3 Corporate Executive Council for Quality Management.
As an Executive and Leadership Coach, David focuses on using his skills and experience to help others achieve their personal and business goals. Prior to immigrating into the US, David founded, successfully grew and sold two businesses. He was widely known in the UK software industry as co-founder of the specialist software company, Praxis, plc, and served as President of the UK Computing Services Association.
He has a unique and valuable combination of technical and commercial capabilities and a proven ability to inspire, lead and manage teams of people. His knowledge and substantial experience of leadership and his positive, inspirational style help his clients increase their self-awareness and belief in their abilities and ultimately achieve their stretch goals. His personal involvement as a senior executive in corporate takeovers and reorganizations allows him to support his clients as they lead their businesses through change.
Key Skills Areas
- Executive and Leadership Coaching
- Team Coaching
- Leadership through Times of Change
Education and Certifications
- MSc: University of London, London, ENG
- BSc: University of London, London, ENG
- Certifications: Credentialed Member of the International Coach Federation; Certified Professional Coach, Institute for Professional Education in Coaching (iPEC); Certified Energy Leadership Index Master Practitioner (iPEC); Certified to administer The Leadership Circle 360 Profile